Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chinese With a Twist in ZONG

Last week Dhey tagged me on a post on facebook, its about BGC FOOD TOUR posted on +The Pickiest Eater In The World. Well I read the blog and its super awesome and by the way Rina is such an amazing blogger just like her husband Richie (FANBOY ALERT). Told Dhey that we have to be there since both of us want to go OUT and EAT so this is a perfect gimik for us.

I checked the details on how to get our free tickets, so we just need to  present a single or accumulated receipt worth 1500 from shops or restaurants from Bonifacio High Street, The Fort Entertainment Center, Crossroads, Bonifacio Stop Over, One & Two Parkade and The Mind Museum.

All food tour dates are on Saturdays! Times like this I am always complaining why my rest days needs to be on weekdays. Since I just cant let this one go, food plus a trip around BGC is so perfect, the following day I immediately filed a leave for it. I told Dhey if we are going to spend that amount of money we need to spend it on food ofcourse, and I told her I know a restaurant in Fort Strip and that is ZONG.
ZONG is a Tibetan word for "county"
I'd been to ZONG before, a few years back my cousin Ar-ryan invited me to stay the night on her place and we had a dinner here and that made me decide to go back cause I want to taste their Singapore-Style Fish Fillet AGAIN!(all caps para intense)

Before the food let me give you I little background about ZONG. ZONG's first ever branch is in FORT STRIP opened 10 years ago by Joshua Tiu and from the name itself obviously they offer Chinese Food and to put a modern twist to your traditional Chinese Dishes. Their dishes are MSG free, they want to preserve their dishes with its natural flavor.

ZONG is a very nice place for family, group of friends or group of young or young at heart professionals who need a good food after work without worrying if the space is enough to accommodate them.

As you can see the place is pretty big and they even have a second floor and some chairs outside so there's always a room for everyone.

Store is not open until 11am and Dhey and I arrived a few minutes earlier which made us the very first customer of the day. Now let's talk about the food.

We ordered Yang Chow Rice which is good,there's so much in it its enough to be full. The serving is big good for 3-4 people.
We had a Pork Siomai, a special ground pork wrapped in flour dumpling. This is Siomai is so tasty and its bigger than the usual Siomai in Chowking.
We had a Deep Fried Salt and Pepper Pork ribs, for me it's just ok. the good thing about it is that it so tender you're not going to have a hard time eating it compared to other Deep Fried foods.
And now to my favorite the Singapore-Style Fish Fillet. It's a fillet of dory with a sweet and orange tangy sauce with egg floss on top. This dish is so tender you don't need to chew it anymore lol. The sauce is so tasty and the egg floss if perfect no wonder why its on their FAVORITE list on their website.
Their serving is too big we are not able to finish our food, we decided to take it home instead.
Well it was nice to be back in ZONG, all I can say is they are consistent with what they do. The food taste the same the way I tasted it before, place is still cozy and comfy. Well in this type of business consistency is Big Thing.

You should Visit them on their three stores they have one in Paseo De Santa Rosa Laguna, one in Westgate Alabang and the One in Fort Strip in Bonifacio Global City. Store hours: 11am to 3pm and 6pm to 11pm.

Ill blog more about our Food Tour on my next post. Good Night :)

3 comments:

  1. Very informative, Cy! I didn't know they take breaks in the afternoon. That's how we'll know that their dishes are really fresh! Galing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cyril! On behalf of Rina and I, thank you for your kind words :)

    Im glad I found your blog, and I'm looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you Sir for reading my blog, Me and my friend always read your blog and kayo po yung source naman ng masarap na kakainan. Looking forward to meet you and Ms. Rina in person. Again thank you Sir.

      Delete