Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How many "Wrong Ramen" to make it Right?

"Right Ramen is made by Japanese Cooks. Wrong Ramen is made by idiots who think they are better than Japanese cooks."
Saw it on +The Pickiest Eater In The World blog and first time I saw or read it, I told myself that I should give these idiots a visit.

Here's how it started, two weeks ago dhey asked me to visit and try Wrong Ramen. I was like "what the hell Wrong Ramen is? maybe she mispelled it or something?". I searched Wrong Ramen and there it is +The Pickiest Eater In The World review about their food. I decided that i'll pay them a visit since I'm working few blocks away from Burgos Circle and there are tons of positive reviews about their WRONG RAMEN!


Dhey and I set a date and it was last tuesday when we decided to visit their store.

Wrong Ramen is located in Burgos Circle, Fort Bonifacio beside Bugsy's Bar and Bistro. The only restaurant that I know who is proud to be wrong and breaking rules to be different which is cool (I think Bad Ass is more appropriate).

Both of us works at night, Dhey's shift ends at 6am and mine ends at 7am which is perfect since she needs to travel from Pasay to Taguig. We had a breakfast with my friend Aubrey around 7:30 trying to kill time we talked for almost an hour and a half. Wrong Ramen is not open until 11:00, So after staying in McDonalds for hours, Aubrey went home then Dhey and I decided to kill time in Bubble Tea talking about random stuff.
It was my first time in bubble tea. I tried their Yocca Grean Tea and for me it's just Ok. Maybe a wrong pick for a first timer, I asked for 100% sugar but I was not able to taste any sweetness. I should have listened to Ate when she told me it's a little sour. 
Yocca Green Tea
Dhey tried their Mocha Milk Shake something she is not that sure. She told me that it was good, not too sweet but nothing special.
Mocha Milk Shake
Please don't get me wrong maybe I just picked the wrong drink and I'm planning to give bubble tea another try and next time ill try their food too.

Like Cinderella when the clock strikes 12:00 we headed to Wrong Ramen, its too hot outside and to my disappointment guess what? they were FULL. Good thing ate asked for my number and promised to text me when there's an available sit for us. Then in less than an hour she texted me.

I'm surprised that the place is soooo small. Now I know why it's filled up so quickly during lunch time. Since I already saw some of the pictures I immediately looked for the very cute salt and pepper shakers.
The Super Cute Salt and Pepper Shakers
Different pictures on the walls surrounds us from Ramen noodles in a Starbucks cup to Mazzinger Z and Godzilla in a bowl of Ramen.
one of my favorite hahaha
Godzilla and Mazzinger Z's Tug of War
Welcome to Poop Room
oh you dont have to remind me! I already know it hahahaha
Darth Vader will welcome you on your way to the second floor
trying to take a picture of  Bacon and Cheese Katsu but I failed
Since the place is too small, they have long tables instead of small one to maximize the space.They have removable dividers so if you're planning to eat there with the whole gang they can remove that dividers right away. 
The menu is pretty funny and makes the food more interesting the way they described each of them.
Now let's get it started let's talk about the food.

First we ordered the Chashu Rice Rolls, shredded Chashu rolled in a rice wrapper, served with Ponzu sauce. I want to shout "I want some rice". The Rice Rolls itself is super tasty but the moment you dipped it into the Ponzu Sauce oh God its so much better. I enjoyed every bite seriously.
Second on our list not so long list is the Bacon and Cheese Katsu, crispy bacon and cheese with alfalfa sprouts on top and sweet wasabi sauce. I want to shout "how on earth there's no rice here? I really need a rice! argggg" (ofcourse I didn't).
Bacon Katsu is a bacon coated with Japanese breadcrumbs fried to perfection! then there's a cheese inside, right amount of creaminess to this bacon treat, another thumbs up.
yummy
Now lets talk about the Ramen. We decided to try the Light Tonkotsu, since the the Rich Tonkotsu looks scary LOL.
As I took a sip of the less fatty broth, "Grabe sabaw pa lang ulam na". Super tasty broth you can taste the pork, perfectly cooked noodles, plus the shredded chashu. 
Dhey as she took a sip of the Light Tonkotsu
Perfect. I can recommend this to my medyo health conscious friends. 

Finally the dessert. The Poop of the Gods and once again they proved that they are different. Only Wrong Ramen can put the word poop in a menu.
The Poop of the Gods is Belgian chocolate with sea salt and olive oil. This Poop is so good, I'm sorry that doesn't sound right. This Belgian chocolate with sea salt is a good combination. right amount of sweetness with a kick of salt.
Food no doubt thumbs up, worth it. Place is so cozy and funny but too small. Now if these idiots will read my blog, you guys deserves a bigger place or a second branch soon.
thank you Wrong Ramen
Now to answer my Question How many Wrong Ramen to make it right? My answer one WRONG RAMEN is enough for you to comeback, and before I end this blog post I want you to know that these Idiots can cook good food.
Now Visit Wrong Ramen in Burgos Circle Beside Bugsy's Bar and Bistro. Store hours are from 11:00am to 4:00pm and 5pm til midnight or give them a ring (02)823 8249.


No comments:

Post a Comment