Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Indie Music - Foster the People

I have this feeling that I was born for something and one of them is to share good music Ehem Ehem. Well not that I'm into singing but I love searching for good music and sharing it with someone.

Ok Youtube is one of the best sites created and it's one of my favorite sites.Most of the time I'll open Youtube not because I want to watch something but to listen to music while browsing the net, i know some of you do the same thing, Guilty? LOL. I'm using Youtube to find new indie bands. It's funny how one song will lead you to another indie song.

I dont know how it started and I don't care anymore. I just love indie bands.The more unknown the band is the better. There's so much in their music that I can't explain. I'm searching for movie soundtracks, songs played in a TV series down to songs played on the radio (Since 99.5RT is out, I suggest Jam88.3's awesome playlist) and that's the reason why I love Youtube it makes your indie song hunt much easier.

Ok so let's start with one of my favorite indie bands Foster the People. It started with Pumped up Kicks then I Would Do Anything For You then I decided to search for other songs in Youtube and the rest is history
Let me give you a little information about the band.
Foster the People is an American indie pop band formed in Los Angeles, California in 2009. The group is composed of Mark Foster (vocals, keyboards, piano, synthesizers, guitar, programming, percussion), Cubbie Fink (bass and backing vocals), and Mark Pontius (drums, percussion).[2] The group's music, described as melodic dance-infused pop and rock, spans many genres.
Source: Wikipedia 
"The group's music, described as melodic dance-infused pop and rock" music to my ears!!

I remember I'm on my way to work the first heard Foster the People and since then I'm a Fan. They had a concert here in the Philippines October 6 of last year and the first time I heard it I bought a ticket and went there alone, and it was my first time to watch a major concert and it was an amazing day. Being alone is not that bad haha if you are used to it. Listen to some of their songs below. Those are my personal favorite. (You can pause the song playing on the background below.)
Foster the People's Concert here in Manila last October 6, 2012. The only decent Picture I have, ,Most of them are blurry. Imagine how can you take a picture as you bang your head with those beats.
Foster the People - I Would Do Anything For You
"ooh la love I've fallen in love, and it's better this time than ever before"
True! because the moment i heard it I've fallen in love with the band (Such a FanBoy)
Foster the People-Houdini
"Focus on your ability"
Catchy beat, see the video for that cool dance move. Can't help but dance with this beat. You should add it on your house party playlist
Foster the People-Helena Beat
"Yeah Yeah and It's o.k."
I don't know I just love this song :)
Foster the People - Call It What You Want
"I said just Call It what you want"
Best part of the concert! When Mark asked everyone to sing the "ohhhh" part 

Catchy Beat plus Mark's super awesome and Eargasmic voice Perfect Combo. I hope you like the songs. For more songs You can visit Foster the People's Official Site http://www.fosterthepeople.com and Follow them on twitter @fosterthepeople.

I promise to share more songs on my blog.What are you waiting for add Foster the People on your playlist now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment