Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Create your very own burger at BRGR:The Burger Project

Tired of the usual burger you order? Then why not create your own burger? In this case let The Burger Project help you!

Let me give you a short story on how this project started. If you can remember, a few weeks back i met up with my high school friend Danica. I was in SM Manila waiting for her class to end,  since i came in so early i decided to roam around. Since I'm taking this blog thing seriously i decided to visit a book store and immediately visit the magazine section of the store. I was thinking of food most of the time so I grabbed a copy of FOOD Magazine's May issue. As I flipped through the pages I saw "BURGER" and I immediately tweeted Dhey and Gene to set a date and try it.

The Article is pretty interesting that's why I decided to give them a visit. A little story on how The Burger Project started (based on FOOD magazine), Chef Edward Budia was asked by a family friend Sandy Daza, "What is the best burger spot in town?" "Hindi ako nakasagot," Chef Edward Budia said "I thought, wait, if no one can answer what the best burger in town is, let's make the customer decide. Hence, create your own burgers." then the BRGR: The Burger Project started.

The Date finally arrived and last Tuesday Me, Dhey, Gene, Thora and Kuya Rocky visited BRGR ready to create our very own burgers! We decided to visit their Vito Cruz branch the one located inside the Grand Tower since it's the nearest one. We were there around 10:30 am, store is not open until 11 so we needed to wait and stayed outside since its so hoooot inside.
Early Bird lang
We headed back immediately few minutes before 11. Obviously we are the first customer of the day, We had a chance to take some picture of the place. The place is pretty small but they have a second floor but it was closed so I don't know if there are more seats there. Interior is so simple, but what I like is their counter, reminds me of World of Chicken. Dhey told me that the arrow reminds her of the TV Series Two Broke Girls. The place is a perfect tambayan for college students.
Now lets about the exciting part, how to create your own burger. They will give you a cute clipboard checklist where you can choose what to put on your burger.
The Interactive Clipboard
First step is to choose your Burger Patty from 100% Angus Beef, Beef, Chori, Chicken and for the health conscious nothing to worry about they have Tofu. Then Choose your bun, Bun with sesame seed is free, Potato bun, brioche and for vegan they have oatmeal. Then you can choose your cheese, toppings and sauce. In case you don't want to create your own burger you can choose from their Designer Burgers.
You can try their Designer Fries and Milkshakes too.

Creating your own burger is harder than I thought but it's fun seriously.    This is the best part I guess. There are times that I need to ask them what they picked.
working on my burger
Once you are done just submit your checklist to the counter and they will create your very own burger. You can add 50php to make it a meal, fries plus iced tea. You need to wait for a few minutes as they create your own burger. 
while waiting for the burger
And now may I present to you Cyril's Burger. 100% Angus Beef, bacon, lettuce, with Teriyaki Sauce and topped with white onions.
The Fries is good but nothing special. I love how the Teriyaki Sauce fits the Angus beef so well, tasty and flavorful. This is just my opinion, but no doubt the patty is soooo good and Teriyaki Sauce? Panalo!. The downside is the iced tea, so matabang.
Burger Overload
The Not so Good Iced tea :(
I enjoyed 'MY' burger that I can say and for sure I'll bring some of my friends there. I love the idea of creating your own burger, possibilities are endless. You can always create something new each visit. 
So what are you waiting for go ahead create your very own burger! visit them on their 3 branches


38 Jupiter St., Bel-Air, Makati 550-1781
The Grand Towers, Vito Cruz (Pablo Ocampo) St., Manila 654-2479
122 Maginhawa, Teachers Vill., QC 351-7474

Like their page in Facebook and follow then on twitter @theBRGRproject :)

Have a Creative and Productive day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment