Thursday, May 16, 2013

Super Late Mother's Day Celebration in Malens Restaurant

I know it's been a week and feels like it's too late for me to post something about mother's day. Unfortunately because I have work on weekends I was not able to celebrate this occasion with my mom so I decided to file a leave yesterday to have a post mother's day celebration, better late than never right?! I asked my Mom and Dad to have a dinner in Malen's since we've never been there. I had a hard time to convince my dad to eat in Malen's cause he want to eat somewhere else. Well I guess my mom sensed that I really want to go and try Malen's and she said yes!

Malen's restaurant is located in Noveleta, Cavite in front of the soon to open PureGold Noveleta. Malen's is a bakeshop and a restaurant in one. They offer pasta's and pizza too!

Once you step inside cakes and other pastry will welcome you(as I have mentioned it's a bakeshop and a restaurant). The place is pretty big, they even have a garden perfect for big celebrations like wedding and birthday parties. Inside, the restaurant's interior is pretty nice I'm impressed. They have like old cameras, swords old coins and other old memorabilia. They have this wall full of old pictures during Spanish colonial era. Even most of the things inside are antique or vintage they still put something modern to balance it out, big glass windows and nice pendant light on the ceiling. I'm actually surprised they even have old news paperclips in the restroom.
Now let's talk about the menu. They have so many things to offer they have different pasta, pizza, all time Filipino favorite like kaldereta and kare-kare. There are so many to choose from. Most of their meals are good for one person, but they have this menu good for sharing too. Since its four of us, my parents and my cousin Merry Kris I decided to get their meal number three. A soup, Buttered veggies, Spareribs, Roast beef, Fish Fillet and mased potato or rice its your choice.
While waiting they served us a Pandesal, I dont like bread much so I didnt even touched it. My mom said that it tastes good and it's soft! Then they served the soup which my mom loved she finished it in minutes! Then after a few minutes our food arrived. I'm pretty surprised, well it's just that I didn't expect the serving to be that big.
Now lets talk about the food lets start with Buttered Veggies, since my mom love veggies of-course she loved it. Well all I can say is I wished there's more carrots hehehe
With their Spareribs, I super love it! The meat is so tender, never had a hard time to cut through the meat, so flavorful. yummy! My dad cant help it and he ate the LITID with bare hands! lol
Now with the Roast Beef, like their Spareribs the beef is tender and the sauce is nice and flavorful.
And last is the Fish Fillet (I'm sorry was not able to take picture of it), I like it but nothing special.

Were not able to finished it. The serving is so big I think its good for 6 persons.It was a great experience, no regrets! sometimes you really have to take risk when it comes to food! I'm actually planning to go back and try their pasta next time.

The most important part of that night, My parents smile, priceless! I think its a little unfair that we just treat them extra special because it's mother's day, treat your mom special everyday! To all the Moms out there thank you for raising this kid who is reading my blog now! lol happy mother's day 

No comments:

Post a Comment